Purpose of the role:
The Office Manager / Researcher conducts research and is responsible for smooth running of the office in Istanbul.
- Conducts research into the security affairs and foreign policy of Turkey and its relevant neighbours, especially including Syria and Cyprus, as assigned by the supervisor;
- Assists in the drafting and editing of detailed policy reports, sets out relevant research findings and policy recommendations, and explores appropriate means of alleviating the underlying causes of tension and conflict;
- Assembles, transcribes or summarizes relevant material including press reports, interviews, government data, documents, and reports, and seminars;
- Handles administrative functions such as directing incoming mail and phone calls, liaises with local officials, local accountants, vendors and the landlord, supervises service delivery, arranges office cleaning and food supplies, and in general keeps the office running smoothly;
- Ensures that Crisis Group’s financial records of project-related expenses are kept up to date, submits these records to headquarters, maintains an accurate record of financial transactions, and undertakes of banking duties as necessary;
- Provides logistical support for visits and travel of field staff and consultants;
- Assists foreign staff in acquiring work and residence permits; and,
- In close cooperation with the IT and Communication teams, manages IT and communications support.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in international relations or conflict resolution;
- Understanding of international affairs with specific knowledge of Turkish politics and foreign policy;
- Experience and motivation in office support role with bookkeeping tasks is preferred;
- Proven excellent research skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Turkish and English; and,
- Proactive, well organized, and able to work as part of a team as well as independently;
Applications should be submitted in English with an attachment of CV, cover letter, and contact details of at least 3 referees. Please send applications by email to email@example.com, including "OM/Researcher, Turkey" in the subject line, before 31 January 2015.
Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.